Several reasons as to how an expedition tour to Australia is a perfect life learning tool
It is your final year as head teacher at a secondary school and you are desperate to go out with a bang. It has been a rewarding time over the previous 15 years, seeing young adults head out to further education and forging careers of their own.
However, things have evolved since you were appointed to the post, with different methods of teaching and learning coming to the fore. You are of the opinion that learning is achieved to a higher standard if the pupils are in a relaxed environment with a smile on their faces.
You have received permission through the school governors to arrange something special, having read about world expedition tours. You want this to be your legacy and continue for years to come, by working with a company with decades of experience and who deliver a quality service and guarantee sustainable transport.
- You also know that any tour will be led by experienced professionals so that your students are in safe hands alongside your own staff. It looks so good that you might volunteer to go next year in your retirement.
- An expedition tour will entail your scholars learning valuable life skills that will stand them in good stead in the outside world and provide talent that makes them attractive to future employees.
- The tour party will learn all about decision making and being decisive, teamwork, leadership, along with resilience. A relaxed backdrop and careful mentoring will allow the confidence to not worry about making mistakes.
- To get the most from the expedition you also decide that your students explore Australia, which will add something special as they learn about a new destination, its history, and geography as they appreciate local customs while learning to communicate and make friends.
- Learning new skills will improve the individual confidence of the party as their peers join in and build relationships as part of a team as empathy is added to the list of valuable additions as they are outside their comfort zones and appreciate each other.
- The specialist tour company will ensure that there will be challenges for the students to overcome, maybe through negotiating barren landscapes and climates that they are not used to. Or maybe shopping for group food on a budget.
An expedition tour will provide a wonderful form of education to develop life skills in each student and leave a legacy that you can be proud of.